Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dallas Invasion?

Has the invasion already started?

The new additions to the West 7th area have been great, but walking through Uptown (D-bag central) Dallas last week, I began to see similarities. Anyone can do some research and realize that Terra, Patrizo's, Tillman's and the soon to be Fireside Pies are all Dallas chains. Like I mentioned before, I appreciate what these establishments have done for the development of the area, but why can't we get some Fort Worth local establishments? If I wanted to go eat at a chain I would stroll my ass into a Chili's or if I wanted to eat at a Dallas restaurant I would put my ass on 30.

I am on a soapbox, but I really don't like that Fort Worth's local flavor is being negated in the new additions. I feel sorry for the guys like Lanny's, Michaels, La Familia and Fred's in the area who established the market for the Dallas guys. All I am saying is eat local when possible and shop with establishments that are keeping their money in Fort Worth. Also as mentioned in the "The Pour House: Fort Worth Meets Jersey Shore" I warned of the incoming amount of D-bag's associatead with chains. My prophecy has come true, I was out the other night at Capitol Bar and there are now people from Arlington and the surronding areas coming into West 7th to "party".

1 comment:

  1. Wow leave it to another frog fan to try and make fort worth sound like the city of all cities. I bet if you moved to Dallas you would be completely into that scene and the king of uptown (D-bag central).

    ReplyDelete