Monday, February 1, 2010

And So It Begins...

I am a 20 something self proclaimed food critic. I have no formal schooling in food analysis or commentary, so when I say something tastes like shit, I am sorry I can't tell you why it tastes like shit, I just know it tastes like shit. I am a recent TCU alumni, enjoy the sun, golden retrievers, hunting, fishing and green grass. I am old but still young enough to stay up to all hours of the night.
Since this blog is just starting I will try to accomplish the following:
a) Review restaurants as they open in Fort Worth; my wonderful city
b) Review restaurants that are recommended to me (so please leave comments)
c) Provide commentary on Fort Worth staples (Kinkaids, The Original etc)
d) Help people understand, how to have a good time going out in Fort Worth
Food to me is just food, but the act of dining, is what truly makes a dining establishment great. Dining is the drinks, the atmosphere, the people eating, the people drinking, the music, the appetizers, the good looking hostess... you get the idea. I will rank restaurants into three categories:
1) Food and Drink: the actual food and drinks (no shit)
2) Service: everything from the hostess to the bread boys, service must and needs to compliment the food and style of the location.
3) Style: Lighting, music, crowd, tables, wallpaper, ambience, etc
And now my favorite part the booze. As far as myself, I went to college and had a fantastic time. I have been in almost every type of bar in America: clubs, dives, hotel, cigar, college, live music, patio, honky tonks, Tejano, etc. But to be honest I hate clubs. Sorry, but maybe I can teach you something about having a good time.
Enjoy yourselves,
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment